For some time now, Dropshipping has become a business trend in almost all the world, however, very few people know how to do Dropshipping in Mexico, that is why, today we will talk about it and what needs to be done to make it happen.
What is Dropshipping?
Dropshipping is a new way of doing business where the seller, does not necessarily have to have the stock of the products for sale in his home or premises, because he makes the order to his supplier once the customer has decided to make the purchase. It is the same supplier who is in charge of sending the shipment to the buyer, so the seller only fulfills the task of serving as a mediator between customer and supplier.
This new style of sales allows a profit without the need for a tangible inventory of the seller, in addition, you can take advantage of low costs that have suppliers, an example of these are the suppliers of China, which have production costs much lower than others either domestically or internationally.
How to do Dropshipping in Mexico?
The first thing you should do is to investigate the market what are the potential products for sale, especially those that are in sites like Aliexpress or Alibaba, in this case, within the pages you can filter those products by the number of sales, so you can know which are the most popular and sold.
It is also good that, before starting the business, you decide how you want your "store" to be, if you want to make generalised sales, that is, with items from various categories, or if, on the contrary, you want to focus on a single market niche.
Now, the second recommended step is to create your online store. Currently, there are a variety of platforms or applications that will let you create a store based on the needs you want to meet. The most used and recommended ones are: Shopify, Woocommerce, Prestashop and Magento.
Once you have set up your shop on any of the above platforms or on the one you consider suitable for you, you will need to register your products. It is recommended that you always use good quality images for each product you offer, as well as the price.
Finally, once you have your store well completed, what you must do is give it a good publicity in order to get a good clientele, one of the most used are the marketing advertisements on Facebook, ideally, it should be directed to the public that may be interested in these products and to which the supplier can make the shipments.
Advantages of Dropshipping
- It is not necessary to have a stock of merchandise.
- You have the opportunity to offer any kind of product without the pressure of having to sell it "yes or yes".
- You can find out which is the best audience for sales according to your ads on Facebook or Instagram.
- Starting this business does not require a large investment.
- You don't need a location or hire employees to start your business.
- You don't have to worry about the delivery of products or the completeness of your inventory, since that is handled by the supplier.
Disadvantages of Dropshipping
- In Mexico, the great disadvantage of Dropshipping is that there is a significant lack of communication with suppliers for order handling.
- You must study the market of suppliers well to know which ones are able to work with online orders and which ones are not.
- If the supplier runs out of inventory, you can look bad to the customer because you are the one who has contact with him.
How can you find a dropshipping provider in Mexico?
- Once you research the market, know what products you want to sell and which suppliers best handle the online sales system, contact them to agree on how the order process will be.
- You can search for providers on Google, don't be too guided by those who are wholesalers in a specific product, as they mostly don't need marketing anymore so your service will not be accepted. It is best to select those who have outdated web pages, as this may be a clear indication that they need help with their sales.
- A viable option is to investigate your competition. You can check the address of their returned packages and thus know which is their supplier. Since there aren't many suppliers of various items in Mexico, you'll have to do research on the ones your competition uses before you know if they're right for you or not.
- If you want your store to be international, ideally you should do so through Oberlo, an application where many suppliers from all over the world are already verified for Dropshipping.
- The last thing you can do is, go to trade shows and conferences, where you can find many wholesale suppliers who are looking for online sellers like you in order to increase their business sales.