Nowadays we live in a globalized world where we can have education, work, family or friends in other parts of the world, sometimes it is complicated to visit them and to be in body present frequently until the other side of the world.
Fortunately today we have many different ways to connect with those we miss or with our professional needs, wherever we are, whatever we need to do personally and/or professionally, among those ways to connect is the internet, telephony or mail, that's why we give you information and some recommendations to be present when we can't be physically with them.
Good packaging is necessary for our gifts to arrive intact at their destination, so it is important to know how the external and internal packaging of our product should be, that is, to differentiate the various materials that provide cushioning, to recognize the different specifications of size, shape, weight and the particular characteristics of the object for the selection of materials and the form of packaging, and finally to seal, label and fill in the data. For all this we have prepared an easy guide where we talk about all these details in a simple and fast way in "Correct product packaging".
The documents that are required to make an international shipment of a package, which help to facilitate the shipment and delivery, discarding in this case the documentation of commercial import and export. Here are some points that may be of interest to you that you should pay attention to:
- Documents: generally you are asked to attach a proforma invoice and a correct labeling, however, you may be asked for other documents depending on the type of package, customs restrictions, special procedures and/or the place of destination, so we recommend that you find out about the type of package you are looking to send to find out about possible needs and solutions.
- Labeling: your package, whether it is the place of origin and destination must be labeled so that it arrives at its destination properly and without difficulty, since this will be the "identity" of your package, are data of who sends and receives, as well as the identity of the package, we prepared an easy guide on this in "How to pack and label your packages properly".
- Prohibited item: if it is a prohibited item, either the shipping company does not transport or the destination place does not allow entry, there is not much to do, generally prohibited items are illegal, so you will not have to worry most of the time you want to send something, just find out if the shipping chain accepts your package, as well as the destination country, the paperwork to be done, customs and shipping paper.
- Customs restrictions: this refers to items that may have restrictions on access to another country, so it is important that you find out about prohibited items, items with restrictions or requiring special actions, the formalities to be carried out, customs and shipping papers.
- It is important for you to know that it is possible that the item you wish to send is on a list of prohibited items such as food, medicine or animals, however, the reason why we suggest you inform yourself about this as it is possible that they can be sent and accepted at the destination with specific formalities, customs and shipping papers.
This information can make the process seem complicated and laborious, however, it is easier than it might seem, currently all process, attention and management are easy and fast, for customers, transport companies, customs and documentation, do not worry, it is simple.
What can and can't I send internationally and/or nationally?
We have talked to you about the banned items, we leave you below a list of banned items that most countries restrict, however, it is important that depending on the country you want to send from and the destination you investigate their restrictions, because as we have mentioned, it is likely that some items are allowed but with a special paper, or may not appear in this general list.
- Flammable liquids or solids
- Acute toxics, infectious agents, corrosives, radioactive or gases in their different presentations.
- Items that require a permit and do not have one are also prohibited
- Household items
- Souvenirs or souvenirs